Community Education Materials

Brochures and flyers that give information about farmworker and immigrant rights in Michigan.

FLS Calendar

Click here for the FLS Calendar

General Farmworker Information



Our Calendar above has several pages on employment-related topics, including "Employment Rights," "Michigan Minimum Wage," "Your Rights with H-2A Jobs," and "When Your Job Ends."

The Michigan minimum wage is $9.25 per hour as of January 1, 2018. The state's minimum wage poster can be found in English here and in Spanish here.

Workplace Sexual Violence (2014): EnglishEspañol


Right to Access Migrant Labor Camps (2012): EnglishEspañol

Migrant Labor Camp Conditions (2011): English & Español

Straight Talk About Eviction ProcedureEnglish - Español

Migrant Labor Camp BrochureEnglish - Español

Migrant Labor Camp Checklist: English - Español

MIOSHA Temporary Labor Camps Flyer: EnglishEspañol


Workplace Health and Safety

MIOSHA Field Sanitation Flyer: EnglishEspañol
Pesticide Action Campaign brochureEnglish - Español
Protect Yourself From Heat Illness: EnglishEspañol

Unemployment Benefits

Sugar Law Guide to Michigan Unemployment BenefitsEnglish - Español

Unemployment Work Search (2013): English - Español


Public Benefits

Public Charge and Legal Immigrants

Public Charge Fact Sheet from NILC: English - Español

Expedited Food Stamps

Michigan Food Stamp HelplineEnglish - Español



Michigan Driving Regulations (2014) in English and Spanish

Driving in Michigan with your Foreign or Out-of-State Driver LicenseEnglish - Español

Treaties and Reciprocity Agreements: Citizens from these countries can drive in the U.S. with their foreign licenses

Articles about Michigan's No-Fault Insurance Requirements for Out-of-State Drivers: Link here and here 

Driving in Michigan: English - Español

International Driver's Licenses - Please be aware that International Driver's Licenses do not exist.  Please see more information from the Michigan State Police here, and the Federal Trade Commission here.

Michigan's Driver Responsibility Program (Extra Fees for Traffic Citations): EnglishEspañol

Requirements for a Michigan Driver's License or State ID CardEnglish - Español 


Consumer Rights and Taxes

Earned Income Tax Credit: English - Español

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) General Information: EnglishEspañol

ITIN Frequently Asked QuestionsEnglish

Identity Theft Tips from the Federal Trade Commission: EnglishEspañol



Know Your Rights With Immigration & Border PatrolEnglish - Español

Can My Employer Legalize MeEnglish - Español


Battered Immigrants

Domestic Violence Information for Immigrant & Undocumented Women and Children: English - Español

Checklist When Leaving the Abuser

The "U Visa" for Victims of CrimesEnglish - Español


Other Topics

Small Claims Court GuideEnglish - Español

Interagency MSFW Referral Form


Document Actions

FLS is funded in part by the Legal Services Corporation.  Please be advised that your contribution may not be used in any manner inconsistent with with the Legal Services Act and Regulations.