Farmworker Legal Services of Michigan - Home Page
Farmworker Legal Services (FLS) is a legal aid office with attorneys and other legal staff who provide free legal assistance and referrals to migrant and seasonal farmworkers throughout the state of Michigan. FLS is a division of the Michigan Advocacy Program. FLS is funded by the federal Legal Services Corporation, other grants and contracts, and private donations.
Farmworker Legal Services
3030 South 9th. St., Suite 1A
Kalamazoo MI 49009
Tel: - Fax: (269) 492-7198
January 25, 2017
- We are accepting applications for summer positions from law students and others interested in internships. Please go to our jobs page here for more details.
October 13, 2016
- The state of Michigan has interpreted the state minimum wage law in a way that excludes farmworkers on small farms from being protected by Michigan's minimum wage. These farmworkers are already excluded from the federal minimum wage. FLS has written an Issue Brief about this development here.
June 28, 2016:
- FLS and Latino Justice PRLDEF represent 15 farmworkers from Puerto Rico who came to Michigan in 2015 to harvest apples. They have filed charges with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission regarding their treatment once they got to Michigan. See the Latino Justice PRLDEF press release here.
April 20, 2016:
- Our new 2016-2017 calendar is now available. We pass out thousands of these calendars every year so that farmworkers will know their rights. The calendar is available on our calendar page here.
April 7, 2016:
- FLS has an opening for a Staff Attorney. You can see the posting on our Jobs page.
February 3, 2016:
- We are accepting applications from law students for our Summer Associate positions. Please see our posting and position description on our Jobs page.