Farmworker Legal Services of Michigan - Home Page
Farmworker Legal Services (FLS) is a legal aid office with attorneys and other legal staff who provide free legal assistance and referrals to migrant and seasonal farmworkers throughout the state of Michigan. FLS is a division of the Michigan Advocacy Program. FLS is funded by the federal Legal Services Corporation, other grants and contracts, and private donations.
Farmworker Legal Services
3030 South 9th. St., Suite 1A
Kalamazoo MI 49009
Tel: (269) 492-7190 - Fax: (269) 492-7198
March 9, 2015:
· We have posted a list of Michigan farmworker jobs that are paying at least $11.56 per hour in 2015. Some of these employers may bring H-2A workers into the country to fill the jobs, depending on how many U.S. workers apply. The list can be found on our H-2A page here.
January 30, 2015:
· We are recruiting for summer 2015 interns. You can read more about our internship program at our jobs page. We hire law students and undergraduates every summer.
November 21, 2014:
· Farmworker Legal Services has produced a summary of the President's administrative immigration relief that he announced on November 20. We focus our update on the provisions that will likely affect Michigan's farmworker and low-income immigrant population. The update can be found at www.farmworkerlaw.org/admin-relief.
September 8, 2014:
· Many Michigan workers should be receiving a raise on their first paycheck of September. Michigan's minimum wage rose from $7.40 to $8.15 per hour on September 1, 2014. We have updated our 2014-2015 Calendar to reflect the higher wage - see page 6. In addition, here is a link to the state's poster on the Michigan minimum wage.
June 12, 2014:
· We added information about "International Driver's Licenses" to our Community Education Materials page. Look for the driving section for information from the Michigan State Police and the Federal Trade Commission about how international driver's licenses are a scam.
April 22, 2014:
· Our new 2014-2014 calendar is now available. We will be distributing thousands of copies to farmworkers this season. Click here to see it.